After Knee Replacement surgery
• After a complete knee replacement, most patients spend 2–3 nights in the hospital.
• The doctor will prescribe medicine for the pain and watch you for any complications.
• A physical therapist will begin assisting with the following shortly after the operation:
• Therapy for weight-bearing, like standing and walking
• To help you adapt to your new knee, a combination of physical and occupational therapy
• At home, you will need to continue these exercises.
• You would be able to go home when you are able to perform such activities, such as getting out of bed alone and using the toilet.
• After the treatment, you can continue to use a cane or walker for a limited period of time.
Total knee replacement recovery
After you leave the hospital, the rest of your treatment and rehabilitation will be at home. Some individuals require treatment or assistance from home health.
For further recovery, the doctor would most likely recommend physical therapy at a nearby clinic. This clinic’s physical therapist will recommend activities you should perform at home.
Each recover differently, but by the end of 4 weeks, most individuals are able to return to driving.
Before having surgery, it might be a good idea to ready your home for your return. Explains Dr. Pranjel Pipara the best ACL Surgeon/Orthopedic Surgeon in Gujarat,India
What is the cost of Total knee replacement Surgery at Gujarat in India?
Depending on where you undergo the operation and your general health at the time, costs will vary.
If you have other problems that are not connected to your knees, the treatment and cost can also be affected by them.
You should also consider extra costs when calculating the expense of the treatment for:
- Your stay in the hospital
- In-hospital physical therapy
- Therapy during your at-home recovery
- Follow-up and maintenance appointments
- Having assistance at home
- Costs of Transportation
You’ll just need to know how much the insurance is going to cover and how much from your own pocket you’re going to need to pay. Explains Dr. Pranjel Pipara the best ACL Surgeon/Orthopedic Surgeon in Gujarat,India
Knee replacement pain management
After your knee replacement, you’ll experience pain for a while but your doctor will give you medicine to help with this.
It’s important to let your doctor know how well your medicine works for you and whether there are any side affects you might have.
What are the Complications involved in Knee replacement Surgery?
Complications may be found in all surgery. There could be a chance of the following after knee replacement surgery:
- Infection Infections
- Clots of blood
- Except when surgery is successful, persistent pain
Our patients do not undergo complications and are very glad that their knee has been replaced. To ensure the risks are as minimal as possible, our healthcare team will collaborate with you. Explains Dr. Pranjel Pipara the best ACL Surgeon/Orthopedic Surgeon in Gujarat,India
What are you going to take away from this operation?
Total knee replacement surgery in India is a commonly performed surgical procedure that can benefit certain patients who have tried other, non-surgical treatment methods (including using knee braces or shoe inserts, as well as medication) without success. The surgery involves replacing all three of the knee’s compartments with prosthetic (artificial) parts, with the goal of relieving pain and improving function. A very frequently done procedure is knee replacement surgery.
Many people are willing to engage in sports they used to do such as walking, bicycling, golf, tennis, and swimming, following surgery and rehabilitation.
As in every surgery there is always an element of risk, this procedure is considered safe, and most patients experience pain relief and greater mobility.
For several, knee surgery may enhance their capacity and quality of life to work from day to day. Explains Dr. Pranjel Pipara the best ACL Surgeon/Orthopedic Surgeon in Gujarat,India